To ensure the safety of our patients and staff, we have imposed visitor restrictions. Thank you for your co-operation.
- Out-Patient Department (OPD): Only one visitor allowed with patient
- Emergency Medicine Department (EMD): Only one visitor allowed with patient
- In-Patients: Only one attendant allowed, visitors not allowed
- Visitors under 18 years of age not allowed
Covid-19 Precautions at KEM Hospital Pune
The safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority. We want to assure patients that KEM Hospital Pune is safe for them to receive care.
We have taken steps to increase safety by:
- Restricting visitors to our hospital
- Screening everyone at the hospital entrances - triage
- Designating a segregated ward and ICU for Covid-19 patients
- Providing essential Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff
- Practicing physical distancing
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of common areas and surfaces
- Conducting Flu OPD from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon - Sat)
COVID-19 Swab Collection Booth
KEM Hospital, Pune has set up a walk-in facility for COVID-19 swab collection testing, to help reduce wait times. If you have been prescribed a RT-PCR test or a Rapid Antigen test or if you wish to get tested, you can walk-in and we will ensure that you have a safe and hassle free experience.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests
These are tests that can show if you have an active coronavirus infection. Samples are taken by a nasal or throat swab. There are two types of diagnostic tests which detect the virus:
- RT-PCR test
Is currently the gold standard test for the diagnosis of COVID-19. It can detect the presence of the virus even if the viral load is less
- Rapid Antigen test
Has lower sensitivity than the RT-PCR test and negative results will need to be confirmed with a RT-PCR test. However, Rapid Antigen tests do provide faster results
Quality, Safety & Hygiene
- We offer a safe and hygienic sample collection method, following the highest level of infection prevention practices, while ensuring patient comfort
- Sample collection is operated by a doctor
- The location of the booth is such that we ensure contactless swab collection
- Our Laboratory is NABL accredited for the testing of COVID-19
The Swab Collection Booth functions from Monday - Saturday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Documents to be presented for getting tested
- Aadhar card will be required for filling the ICMR form
- Prescription for the COVID-19 test, if one has been prescribed
When to expect your reports
We run two batches of RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 through the day to ensure that we deliver reports within 24 hours.
The Rapid Antigen is priced at ? 600 and the RT-PCR is priced at ? 1600, as per Government regulations.
If you have been advised a test or wish to get tested, please visit our Registration counter located at the ground floor of the TDH building or call General Enquiry at:
+91 20 6603 7460 | +91 20 2621 7460
Reduce the risk of Covid-19 infection by following these precautions
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Wash with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Wear a mask if you have a cough or cold
- Maintain at least 1-2 meters (3-6 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Cover mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then throw away the tissue immediately
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Consult your physician if you have any symptoms like fever, cough, difficulty in breathing