|Our Objectives :|
To enable development of skills in the use of problem solving method in nursina
To impart knowledge of the health resources in the community
To develop interpersonal relationships
To provide comprehensive health care nursing for the welfare of patients, families and the community
To contribute to the professional and personality development of the student nurses
To instil a positive attitude, self-awareness, self-direction and self-evaluation in the student nurses
Name of the Course: Revised General Nursing and Midwifery Course - recognised by the INC, MNC & MSBNPE
Duration: 3 Years
Number of Seats: 40
Date of Admission: 1st August
The Syllabus and the General Nursing Course outline, as prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council/Maharashtra Nursing Council, will be followed in the school. Classroom and Clinical lectures will be given by Nursing Tutors, Clinical Instructors, and Doctors. Lectures on specialties will be given by specialists in the field. Students are assigned hospital duties for clinical experience in various departments, such as Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Operation Theatre, Community and Family Welfare Department, as a part of their training.
KEM Hospital Pune, has excellent clinical facilities with 550+ beds in the General Wards, which include male and female Medical and Surgical wards, Paediatric, Obstetrics and Gynaecology wards. In addition, there are Operation Theatres and Intensive Care Units. Students are also sent to the following Centres:
- Kamala Nehru Hospital & Sonawane Hospital for obstetric experience
- Nityanand Mental Health Care Centre, Katraj for psychiatric experience
Community Nursing Experience:
- Rural Health at KEM's Vadu Hospital and at the PHC at Wagholi
- Urban Health at the Urban Health Centre, Bhawani Peth, Pune.
Admission & Selection
Criteria for Selection:
- H.S.C. (10+2 passed) from Maharashtra State with Marathi as one of the subjects. Preference will be given to Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) subjects with an aggregate of 45% marks
- Age between 17 years completed to 25 years at the time of admission
- Admission is done purely on merit: 50% of H.S.C. marks, number of attempts plus performance in personal interview and written test
- Medical Fitness:
- Candidates must be mentally and physically fit
- Students have to undergo a medical examination at the KEM Hospital at their own cost
- They will be considered for selection only after obtaining a Medical Fitness Certificate
- A candidate will have to fill up the prescribed form available at the Office of the Principal, Nursing School, KEM Hospital, Pune
- Every candidate has to produce the required information and attested Xerox copies of necessary certificates, as mentioned in the application form, along with the application.
The Maharashtra State Board of Nursing & Paramedical Education / Maharashtra Nursing Council Diploma will be issued only after successful completion of the entire course and training at the KEM Hospital, Pune. The KEM Hospital School of Nursing has a record of 100% results since its inception. The nursing education here is based on the concept of Comprehensive Nursing Care. Many nurses trained from this institution have stood 1st in the State of Maharashtra in exams conducted by the Maharashtra Nursing Council Mumbai. Nurses trained from this institution are working successfully at KEM Hospital and at various other hospitals in Maharashtra and even abroad.
- Students should complete the computer course MS-CIT at their own cost and submit the Certificate of the same
- The institution reserves the right to make any changes in the Prospectus
- Only those who agree to abide by the above-mentioned conditions should apply to the Nursing School