Obstetrics & Gynaecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at KEM Hospital, offers a wide range of comprehensive services for the care of women. We are a tertiary care, centre of excellence in Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Oncology and Infertility.
Since the need for advanced treatment cannot always be predicted during pregnancy and delivery, expectant parents have peace of mind when they deliver at KEM Hospital, which offers a Neonatal intensive Care Unit (NICU), the most advanced treatments and specialty-trained physicians readily available if an emergency occurs.
Our accomplishments include:
- Recognised as a referral centre for pregnancies at high risk and complications, within Pune and the rest of Maharashtra
- Successfully organized conferences and workshops that are attended by many OB/GY specialists from all over Maharashtra, for over 20 years
- Contributed in publishing several research articles in standard international journals with high impact factor
- Developed a new surgical technique in the field of uterine prolapse, which has been accepted internationally and has been followed by many consultants in India
- A majority of cases of Morbidly Adherent Placenta, a condition that is increasing day-by-day, are referred to our department